Monday, November 29, 2010

The Beginning

After much debating, I think it is time for me to start documenting my new company and my many food adventures!

Background:
I have always loved food. But, that love exponentially increased in college after I moved out of the dorms. Out of desperation, to not live on ramen and mac and cheese, like many of my fellow classmates, I set out to learn how to cook. Before then, I wasn't even entirely comfortable touching a piece of raw chicken, and had some idea, but very little knowledge on how to make much of anything in the kitchen. I had grown up baking, but, actually cooking, was mostly a mystery. I started out by making my mother dinner a few nights a week while I was home for summer break. One thing led to another and I became OBSESSED!I couldn't seem to find enough knowledge about food, I literally felt like I craved more. The food network quickly became my favorite past time, I purchased magazines on food constantly and started reading cookbooks like novels. I even purchased the Culinary Institutes textbook (The Professional Chef) and read it cover to cover. Now, 4 years later, I just opened my own small catering company, Kelsey Creations, and have been seriously considering cooking school. 

I figure this blog will be a fun way to document my progress in the food world. I hope you all may find it enjoyable as well. =]

And the Blogging Journey Begins!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment